Dydd Mercher, 23ydd Tachwedd 2016
A FREE workshop on biochar hosted by BEACON
Dr Simon Jeffrey, Harper Adams University
Sion Brackenbury, Commons Vision Ltd
Dr Bill Perkins, Aberystwyth University
Dr John Corton, BEACON
Damon Hammond, BEACON
Christopher Nunn, BEACON
Topics will include: Biochar applications to soils; Biochar for the remediation of contaminated mine water; BEACON pyrolysis capability; Pyrolysis in integrated systems; Issues in commercialising biochar; Life Cycle Analysis.
Additional activities include: Miscanthus safari; visit to BEACON processing and pyrolysis facilities.
Who could benefit from this workshop?
- Anyone creating a fairly dry waste stream
- Anyone interested in biochar as a soil additive
- Anyone interested in biochar as a clean-up system / filter
This workshop will enable you to appreciate:
- The potential uses of biochar
- The BEACON capability for biochar from bench scale to pilot scale
- The benefits of collaborating with BEACON
- The value of Life Cycle Analysis
Refreshments and lunch will be provided. Free parking.
Date: 23rd November 2016
Time: 10 am - 4 pm (Registration from 9.30 am)
Venue: Stapledon Suite, IBERS, Gogerddan, Aberystwyth University, Ceredigion, SY23 3EB
Enquiries: Carol Dery (01970 621631)