Buchi R-153 20 litre Rotary Evaporator
The R-153 rotary evaporator is an industrial pilot sized bench top unit housed in the walk-in fume hood in the Secondary Processing Laboratory of the BEACON Pilot Plant Facility at IBERS Gogerddan, Aberystwyth.
The key features are:
• Single phase 1kW motor.
• 20 litre evaporating flask.
• Powered bath lift.
• Dual refrigeration units.
• KNF Neuberger vacuum pump with solvent resistant fittings.
• Secondary collector neck condenser.
• Digital rotation, temperature and vacuum display.
The R-153 rotorvap is used in commercial chemical and pharmaceutical units for the rapid evaporation and concentration of a variety of extraction or synthetic reaction products where the high value product is suspended in relatively large volumes of solvent. By reducing the vapour pressure under controlled vacuum and temperature the solvent can be removed, re-condensed and collected enabling faster recovery of the product and recycling of the solvent if required.