CEPA and GEA-disc stack Centrifuges
CEPA Z41 Continuous Centrifuges
Two CEPA Z41 centrifuges are housed within the Secondary Processing Laboratory of the BEACON Pilot Plant Facility at IBERS Gogerddan, Aberystwyth. These are continuous, batch type, vertical high speed clarifying centrifuges on fixed floor mountings.
The key features are:
- Floor mounted with 3 phase 1.1kW motors.
- Clarifying centrifuges ideal for cell harvesting from the SIP fermentation units.
- Typically used for 20-75 litre culture volumes.
- Max throughput 500 litres/hr (dependant on solids content).
- Bowl speed 20 k rpm giving 17,000 g.
- PTFE bowl liners for easy harvest recovery, all stainless steel fluid path.
- Cooling/heating coil fitted in both units.
- Timed safety interlock.
- Bench top LE version available for smaller volume trials.
Typical of applications of CEPA continuous centrifuges are:
- Harvesting biomass
- Clarifying process liquids
- Separating liquid products
- Fractionation of human blood
- Animal blood processing
- Processing of granular, crystalline and fibrous suspensions
- Separation of filterable and non-filterable sludges