Process Engineering Technician
I am a former Royal Navy marine engineering artificer. I served on HMS Fearless and Intrepid, and my technical specialisms in the Navy were refrigeration and air-conditioning, and steam propulsion plants.
I left the Navy in 2003, and came to Aberystwyth and read English Literature, and Environmental Earth Science, and Environmental Monitoring and Analysis. My dissertation for the Environmental Monitoring masters’ course was on the use of biochar from commercial, domestic and industrial sources as a possible remediant for mine-contaminated waters and material.
• OND and apprenticeship in Marine Engineering (HMS Caledonia)
• BA (first) English Literature (Aberystwyth)
• MA Literary Studies (Aberystwyth)
• BSc (first) Environmental Earth Science Aberystwyth)
• MSc Environmental Monitoring and Analysis (Aberystwyth)
I have recently taken up a post as a process-engineering technician on the prototype biochar pyrolysis plant and its associated equipment.